CAN I REALLY BUY LAND IN OUTER SPACE?
You’re probably asking yourself, “Can I really buy land on the Moon?” Well if this sounds like a joke to you please read on. It’s quite a story!
A declaration of ownership was filed with the United Nations as well as the US and Russian governments in 1980, to ensure that a legal basis for the ownership of the properties sold here can be claimed.
Moonestates.com Ltd sells authorised plots of extraterrestrial property, and the re-sale of these plots is registered on a secure database.
We are told that to date in excess of 6,011,311 space enthusiasts have become members of our organisation, making it the largest group in the world. Who knows, one day we may be able to fly to our chosen planet, and take up residency, but in the meantime it’s something we can talk and dream about.
However if you’d like to learn about the intracacies of buying and selling extraterrestrial property, please go to our Space Law page
Any other questions about buying from Moonestates.com should be answered below.
WHO BUYS EXTRATERRESTRIAL LAND?
Buying extraterrestrial land appeals to different people for different reasons. The majority of plots are given as gifts, jokes, or surprises for birthdays, Xmas etc. After all it’s good to be a bit of a “lunar-tic”. However, a good number go to people that have an interest in space travel, and a genuine concern about the planet and the way we are treating it.
Artist Stephen Little has not only bought 10 acres of Mars, he has sent his claim up there, by space rocket. Mr Little bought his land several years ago and then took part in a project organised by the Planetary Society and Nasa, which attached DVDs to both Mars rovers, inscribed with the personal details of four million earthlings. The very existence of this project marks the way we like to associate ourselves with the unobtainable – a mark of limitless human ambition. But Mr Little went still further, by including his land-holding details in his own submission.
John Walmsley, 39, who owns his own security company in Liverpool, says: “I’ve bought 10 acres on the Moon as a present for my dad, who’s very difficult to buy a present for. He now goes out every night and says to my mum: ‘You see that? I own a bit of that.’ He’s thrilled. OK, it’s only 10 acres on a massive planet, but as far as he is concerned, it is there. And I believe it, too. We own that piece of land.”
WHAT GUARANTEE DO I HAVE THAT YOU WON’T SELL THE SAME PROPERTY TWICE?
This is a question that the we are often asked. No property is sold twice. The land has been carefully mapped out and a database is held of all property registrations
WHO AM I BUYING FROM?
This website is owned and operated by Moonlife Ltd, a company based in Cornwall, UK. We purchase the land from Moonestates.com Ltd.
ORDERING WITH MOONESTATES.COM
Further information about ordering with us, and our returns policy can be found HERE. If you have any other queries about ordering you can call our customer services team on 0800 034 6102
We accept the following credit/debit cards.
Switch / Maestro
You can also choose to pay by Paypal
All transactions are processed in £GBP.
POSTAGE COSTS ARE INCLUDED FOR DELIVERIES WITHIN THE UK
- Standard Delivery – Usually delivered within 2-3 working days after your order has been despatched.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery (next working day) – £8.00. Orders placed before 3pm Monday to Thursday will be delivered on the next working day. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday, and any time Saturday and Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday. Your parcel is trackable and will need signing for on arrival. Please note that this option is not available for our 10 acre VIP package due to it’s weight.
International Delivery Costs
- Standard Delivery – £2.00. Usually delivered within 3-5 working days for Western Europe, 4-6 for Eastern Europe, and 6-8 for the rest of the World, after your order has been despatched. A small extra charge is made for framed products, and gift boxes due to their weight.
- Tracked Delivery – £10 for all products. For some countries this may be the only available option, as we have had issues with deliveries in some countries. (Please see our shipping calculator on the Shopping Cart
REST OF THE WORLD
- Standard Delivery – £3.00. We offer standard delivery to Canada, Australia and New Zealand, on single acres.
- Tracked Delivery – £13.00. For all other areas we offer only a tracked delivery service. As the documents are of great importance to us both, we need to ensure their safe delivery. There is a small surcharge for framed items and gift boxes. (Please use the shipping calculator on the Shopping cart)
All orders placed before 3pm (Mon-Fri) are despatched from our warehouse the same day via Royal Mail, subject to stock availability and security checks.There are times when we are exceptionally busy, such as around Xmas, when this may not always be possible, but please be assured that we will always do our best.
If you are placing an order through moonestates.glopal.com, please allow one day extra for delivery
XMAS POSTING DEADLINES
If you are buying land as a present for Christmas you need to think about the last dates for posting. The lovely people at Royal Mail have issued the following guidelines:
- Orders need to be placed by midday 13th Dec for worldwide,
- Midday 15th Dec mainland Western Europe
- Midday 20th Dec for the UK.
- Midday 21st Dec for UK Next day delivery
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and fabulous holidays
TERMS AND POLICIES
You can view our terms and policies HERE
If you are worried about anything to do with our site, please phone us on 0800 034 6102 and we’ll be glad to talk through any issues with you.